System Test Analyst 4 (16-242 Test Engr 4)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems’ focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
The System Test Analyst position will be located at Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs, CO.
As a member of Systems Engineering, Integration & Test (SEIT) Functional Area, this position will work with a multi-contractor team and lead the team’s participation in the analysis aspects of large-scale multi-system testing events. Work with multiple acquisition organizations and the warfighter community, both locally and at other locations, in the development and execution of a comprehensive system-level test and analysis program supporting capability-based acquisition. Work with Event System Engineers as they develop event objectives and assess event results. Represent the program at scorecard briefings to MDA/BC director, at Executive Quick Look Briefings, and Mission Data Readiness reviews. Plan, lead and conduct pre- and post-event quantitative and qualitative analysis of program s/w and h/w component performance and system capabilities in multi-system test venues; identify data needs and develop data collection plans; conduct event data reduction, and perform Root Cause Analysis of observed potential anomalies; contribute to quick-look post-event reports, preparation of test reports, and the briefing of system test results to all levels of contractor and government management in the local area and at other locations. Travel of up to 1 month is required for some flight and ground tests. Some non-standard work hours are likely.
- Bachelor of Science in the Engineering, Science, Technology or Math and 9 years of experience; or MS & 7 years; or PhD & 4 years.
- Active Secret clearance
- Technical skills including: independent development and execution of test analysis plans; test execution as part of a test team; coordination and conduct of test data quantitative and qualitative analysis; ability to apply statistics and analysis methodologies for large data sets; ability to synthesize analysis results into information for subsequent documentation and presentation to senior leaders, government customer, and other senior analysts working on the ground or flight test event; ability to develop/modify and use analysis tools; ability to use scripting languages (e.g., Python, Java, C , and/or Visual Basic) to create, test and integrate analysis tools; basic UNIX skills to move data and to connect to analysis servers; query databases using MySQL; utilization of statistics; use of all components of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate detailed technical test results to other team members and senior program personnel (Government and industry).
- Knowledge of the following functions: situation awareness; track forwarding/dissemination; sensor management; track management; engagement coordination/battle management; communications.
- Accomplished at presenting technical data to senior leaders.
- Working knowledge of DoD and industry test and analysis methodology best practices and associated test tools.
- Experience working both independently and in a team structure to accomplish the following: Develop detailed test analysis plans, including analysis methodologies and associated data collection plans, based on decomposition of event objectives into success measures; organize and lead an event analysis team; participate in test conduct; conduct post-processing and quantitative/qualitative analysis of collected data; generate test results from analysis results; and, present the test results orally and/or in written format (e.g., slides, annotated slides, test report document).
- Ability to function in an environment involving multiple, overlapping test events (e.g., reporting on a completed event while planning a future event).
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, must be able to work effectively and cooperatively with technical and management personnel from within and external to the program.
- Master’s degree in a STEM related area (Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Operations Analysis)
- Experience with or proficiency in the following is highly desirable: command and control systems; missile defense systems (operational, e.g., GMD, Aegis, Patriot; developmental, e.g., THAAD); message formats (e.g., VMF, TADIL-J); postprocessing of message-based data sets (e.g., log files; track files with state vectors and covariance matrices) from tests; Unix OS; off-the-shelf analysis/statistical packages such as MatLab, STK; ability to write data parsing tools in any of the following: perl, python, java, and shell scripts; experience with SQL is a plus.
- Security and a working knowledge of C2BMC S8.2-1 a plus.
- Working understanding of the C2BMC data logs, relevant processing relationships, message handling, interactions of message types, and C2BMC log file familiarity with both the S6.4 COCOM and GEM suites and the S8.2 C2BMC suites.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top