System Security Engineer 5
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is a leading global provider of secure software-defined, hardware-enabled mission systems. Our company is pioneering capabilities in a wide variety of sectors that keep our nation safe from Undersea to Space and Cyberspace.
Northrop Grumman System Security Engineering (SSE) team is seeking a systems thinker with outstanding leadership skills and hands-on experience in development of system security architectures and complete mission security solutions. This position is looking for a candidate with a deep understanding of embedded hardware in order to help develop a security architecture for embedded subsystems with multi-function sensors.
This position requires the ability to understand a system architecture and determine mission critical functions and components in addition to how they should be protected using Anti-Tamper Techniques and/or the Risk Management Framework (RMF) as building blocks to design a holistic security solution. This includes securing the interfaces into and out of the system to protect the mission without jeopardizing system performance. The candidate will be responsible for performing technical planning, system integration support, as well as, verification and validation forSystem Security efforts deploying Anti-Tamper and Cybersecurity techniques. The candidate will lead SSE efforts on development programs, and report progress for requirements documentation, technical risk management, key system performance parameters, and lessons learned.
The candidate will be instrumental in completing efforts at all instances of the product development life cycle to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Role responsibilities include:
- Performing key systems engineering elements to meet a given program's requirements
- Design and develop system security architectures
- Define key capabilities and performance requirements
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications as they pertain to system security
- Develop thorough understanding of system interfaces and how to protect them
- Guide system security implementation approaches for operational concepts.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Develops modifications to existing products to meet unique customer needs, and supports/leads the development of system security functions
- Leads/oversees technical work products developed by the larger engineering team, supporting design reviews and integration and test activities as needed.
- Responsible for close customer cooperation to ensure that requirements meet customer expectations
- Present solutions to customers and senior management using tailored material based on the audience.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math with at least 14 years of related system security experience, 12 years' experience with a related Master's Degree, or 10 years with a PhD.
- Experience with three or more of the below topics
- Systems Engineering for Platform or Embedded systems (SW/HW/SE design and implementation)
- Anti-Tamper System Design and implementation
- Cyber/RMF System Design and implementation
- System Test and Evaluation, System Certification and Accreditation, or Verification and Validation
- Experience with executing and documenting Risk Management Framework (RMF); familiarization with DoDI 8510 and DoDI 5000.02
- Reducing vulnerabilities in a system design utilizing system security engineering or the ability to protect mission critical functions and critical components
- Active DoD Secret clearance or higher is required with the willingness and ability to obtain higher clearances involving polygraph.
- Ability to travel occasionally CONUS and OCONUS
- Anti-Tamper experience and experience working with Government AT agencies
- Advanced degrees in Engineering, Software, or Science
- Leadership experience with development and/or production program execution
- High proficiency in technical problem solving, to include decomposition, root cause analysis, solution development, implementation and monitoring.
- Multi-disciplined knowledge inareas related to engineering including systems design, hardware, software and firmware design, integration and test.
- At least 3 years' experience making technical presentations to internal and external customers
- DOORs experience
- US Citizenship with an active DoD Top Secret clearance with prior SAP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top