System Safety Engineer 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in land, air, space andseathat impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
NGMS is seeking a System Safety Engineer5 to join our Systems Engineering team in Linthicum, MD. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing the following responsibilities:
-Prepare System Safety program plans
-Establish design guidelines and criteria and develop safety requirements
-Conduct System Safety assessments
-Perform hazard analyses, fault tree analyses
-Review safety assessments and engineering designs for compliance with established safety criteria
-Identify, mitigate, and manage safety hazards in line with contractual requirements for various platforms (Airborne, Land, Shipboard, Space)
-Perform Software Hazard Analysis, including review of software requirements specifications, safety-critical software systems, change requests, and peer reviews
The applicant must possess excellent oral and written skills and be able to communicate effectively with internal and external customers and executive management. The applicant must also possess extensive certification board experience.Finally, the ideal candidate must be able to oversee multiple programs effectively and efficiently to ensure their respective success (safe, on time, and on schedule).
- Bachelor's Degree ina STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with14+ years of experience in System Safety; 12 years with aMasters Degree; 9 Years with PhD.
- Fluency with MIL-STD-882 and RTCA DO-178/254 and other applicable Hardware and Software Safety standards/guidelines
- Active DoD Secret clearance or higher with the willingness toobtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Knowledge of radar products
- Experience in Space Systems support, Airworthiness Certification, Safety of Flight reports and Human Factors criteria of MIL-STD-1472G.
Back to top