System Safety Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in land, air, space and sea that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
NGMS is seeking a Systems Safety Engineer 3 to join our Systems Engineering team in Linthicum, MD. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing the following responsibilities:
- Review product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establish safety requirements for assigned systems.
- Independently analyze and recommend safety criteria in system design, equipment and procedures to control or eliminate hazards.
- Develop safety documents as required to support customer and test/operational range requirements.
- Perform audits of operational areas and reports effectiveness of system safety program.
- Participate in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in identification of causes and corrective actions.
- Evaluate the interrelationship of system safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost effective program.
- Bachelor's Degree ina STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with5 years of experience in System Safety;3 years with aMasters Degree;0 Years with PhD.
- Fluency with MIL-STD-882 and RTCA DO-178/254 and other applicable Hardware and Software Safety standards/guidelines
- Active DoD Secret Clearance or higher.
- Knowledge of radar products
- Experience in SW Safety and accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities
Back to top