System Safety Engineer 2
The Supportability Engineering Team located in Rolling Meadows, Illinois has a challenging opportunity for a self-starting, multitalented, team oriented, technical individual to support a cross-functional Integrated Product Team (IPT) in the performance of Land & Self Protection C4ISR Systems programs within cost, schedule, and performance parameters. Specific duties will include:
- Identify requirements for and manage efforts including; System Safety, Hazardous Materials, Laser Safety, Software Safety and Human Factors
- Review hardware/software designs for changes affecting System Safety, Laser Safety, Software Safety, Hazardous Materials and Human Factors
- Coordinate the System Safety portions of proposals, proposal work statements and specifications, scope of work for System Safety elements, budgets, and financial terms/conditions of the contract.
- Establish System Safety milestones and adherence to master plans and schedules identify System Safety specific program issues and obtains solutions, such as modification of schedule, or revision of contractual specifications.
- BS degree in Engineering and minimum 5 years relevant experience.
- Experience with System safety and software safety
- You must be familiar with analysis/testing methodologies such as those supporting MIL-STD-882, ARP4754A, ARP4761, RTCA DO-178C
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to translate system performance and operational specifications into hardware requirements, design, and test specifications
- Knowledge of government contracting requirements and proposal process
- U.S. Citizen and ability to obtain Security Clearance – Secret
- Prior system development experience
- The desired candidate has lead system safety, laser safety, software safety programs Experience in managing and controlling support operations in Logistics and Supportability Engineering
- The desired candidate has lead system safety, laser safety, software safety programs
- Exposure to hazardous materials regulations and military maintenance experience
- Have working knowledge and have performed hardware and software reliability, maintainability predictions, FMECA and worked with FRACAS
- Familiar MIL-HDBK-217, MIL-HDBK-781, U.S. Army Materiel Systems Analysis Activity tools and MIL-HDBK-470
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top