System Performance Test Engineer 3/4
Our team in Fairfax, VA is seeking a Performance/Automation Test Engineer 3/4 to join a team of diverse and qualified individuals to support our DTS customer. The selected candidate should demonstrate strong independent problem solving, troubleshooting, analytical and conceptual skills; able to manage multiple tasks and meet scheduled dates. This individual must be able to adapt in a rapid changing environment, a fast learner and self starter. This individual must also possess excellent written and communication skills and can work independently and well within groups.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Additional responsibilities to include:
- Responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of LoadRunner automated tests.
- Record and/or script the test to be performed against the application
- Run and monitor the load generator tests, and analyze and provide reports on scenario results.
- Work closely with the program teams to develop and review performance scenarios.
- Responsible for the development, execution and maintenance of HP Unified Functional Testing automated tests.
- Manage asset dependencies and versions
- Manage tests and their resources (actions, function libraries, object repositories, recovery scenarios, data table files, and environments variables)
- Integrating HP Unified Functional Testing with HP ALM
- Review and analyze requirements for automated testability
- Develop automated test scripts for the regression test suite
- Schedule and run tests, collect, analyze, and share results
- Report defects
- Link tests to project requirements
- Provide automated testing assistance within the test team
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
Basic Qualifications for a Systems Performance Test Engineer 3 are:
- Must possess a Bachelors of Science with at least 5 years of relevant experience (3 years with a Masters)
- Recent experience using HP LoadRunner
- Proficiency in source control systems, Programming skills, Expert knowledge of QA Methodology, highly organized and detail-oriented
- Expert knowledge of HP LoadRunner
- Working knowledge of HP Unified Functional Testing
- Must be a self-starter, be able to be productive with minimal supervision, and must value self-learning.
Basic Qualifications for a Systems Performance Test Engineer 4 are the same as listed above but require a Bachelors of Science degree with at least 7 years of experience in Software Development (5 years with a Masters).
- Strong Installation, configuration, and development experience using HP LoadRunner and Unified Functional Testing
- Four or more recent years experience using HP LoadRunner
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top