System, Integration & Test Engineering Estimator
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a System, Integration & Test Engineering Estimator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The candidate will be part of an engineering estimating group within Research Technology and Engineering addressing work scope focused primarily on the engineering cost estimating process from request through approval and the infrastructure tasks associated with developing and supporting a robust SITE estimating capability. The candidate is expected to identify and collect costs consistent with the various tasks performed and products developed across the SITE departments. The candidate will create a repository to store the data specific to existing program of record labor hours and data on parameters that are known or likely to contribute to determining the effort required. These driving parameters may include product physical and performance characteristics (size, material, complexity, speed, etc.) and characteristic program parameters such as schedule, project type (hardware, software, radar, full scale or modification/upgrade specific), methods and tools used, etc. The candidate will use developed formats provided by the engineering estimating group to the extent possible and demonstrate proficiency in using data analytics to derive the required information.
The candidate will provide general guidance / expectations to the discipline teams developing the detailed estimates using Work Breakdown (WBS) and Program Statement of Work (PSOW) elements. The candidate will document detailed expectations related to establishment of common tasks, work units (for sizing scope), complexity (or other) factors, definitions, and estimating factors. The candidate will be required to collaborate with engineers in other organizations to ensure consistency of bidding parameters, scheduling of inter-related tasking, ground-rules and assumptions required to develop accurate program cost basis information.
- Bachelors of Science degree Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline and 5+ years of engineering experience
- Familiarity with System Test, Laboratory and Flight Operations, Laboratory Design and Instrumentation Engineering
- Must have an active DoD Secret and a background investigation within the scope of six years
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific accesses
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Doors, SAP
- Cost estimating experience
- Prior experience working with engineering ROM estimates, proposal activities, RFEs
- Presenting prepared estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Experience with Data Analytics and related software programs
- Test Engineering Proposal Experience
- Accountable for firm deadlines and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills and initiative
Back to top