System Engineer/Data and Performance Analyst 2 or 3
Northrop Grumman is seeking applicants for a position in Analysis for applications in tracking, motion prediction, estimation, and modeling from space-based platforms, across multiple reference frames.
The engineer will be responsible for researching and identifying complex, multi-disciplinary problems, breaking into components, and performing performance analysis on algorithm solutions for a broad range of sensor exploitation activities. Work will include planning and executing team projects, developing work packages, developing prototypes and customer demonstrations, in addition to analyzing algorithm performance, subsystems, and interfaces. The engineer will also be expected to report status to colleagues, including customers and management.
The engineer must have a working knowledge of sensors, with respect to focal plane resolution, sensitivity, and line of sight considerations for the purpose of tracking. Existing general knowledge of visible or IR focal planes and other sensor systems engineering experience is desirable. Analysis tool development is in Python in a spiral development framework, using Integrated Development Environments (IDEs) across multiple operating systems.
The engineer will participate in technical peer reviews and work with various Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) as well as be cognizant of algorithm development and integration issues. The engineer must communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings. S/He will represent the organization as a technical POC and may have frequent inter-organizational and customer contacts.
This position includes:
- Tool and software development using Python in a spiral development framework
- Experience with configuration management software, including ClearCase/ClearQuest.
- Generation of applicable documentation
- Providing problem resolution and improvement recommendations with strong time management skills
- Travel to NG and Government locations within U.S
- Additional responsibilities which may be assigned commensurate with performance or due to business needs
- This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3
Engineer Systems 3: 5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
Engineer Systems 2: 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters.
- Degree in Engineering, Physics, Math or related discipline
- Experience with Python software language, development tools, and integrated development environments (IDEs)
- Performance analysis experience for complex, mathematically intensive systems
- Basic skills in Python and system modeling.
- DoD Secret clearance that is or has been active within the last two years
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD TS/SCI clearance
Ability to travel on occasion to Northrop Grumman and customer locations
- Experience in performance analysis, requirements verification, simulation, validation, and algorithms
- Familiarity with Overhead Persistent Infrared (OPIR) and Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) sensors and simulations
- Linux experience
- Strong statistical background and skills
- Experience with model-based engineering
- DoD TS/SCI clearance that is or has been active within the last two years
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top