System Engineer - Doors Administrator 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a System Engineer (DOORS Administrator 3) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the administration of all of the B-2 DOORS databases.
- Manage all aspects of user credentials for three databases
DOORS folder structure to the B-2 Spec Tree
- Assure the synchronization amongst three databases, in addition to DOORS folder structure to the B-2 Spec Tree
- Collaborate with the B-2 SEIT team to assure the documentation of requirements is performed in a consistent and timely manner and provide training and guidance to systems engineers as needed
- Responsible for working with the Systems Engineering functional managers to maintain a back-up administrator
- Perform Systems Engineering efforts related to System Design, System Architecture, System Development, System Integration and System Analysis to includes technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, test, installation, operation, and maintenance.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional and timeline analysis', create detail trade studies, allocate requirements and interface definition studies to translate into well defined, accurate hardware and software requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree in a (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics discipline from an accredited university and 5 years of systems engineering experience OR
- Master's Degree in (STEM) Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics and 3 years of systems engineering experience
- 5 years of experience with DOORS tool
- Active DoD Secret level security Clearance granted or reinvestigated within the last 6 years and the ability to maintain security clearance(s)
- Ability to obtain Special Program Access
- Familiarity with the DOORS scripting language
- Experience as a System Architecture, System Test and Integration; Verification; Validation, reliability or other relevant aerospace system engineering disciplines
- Experience in DoD Aerospace environment
- Experience with military airframes
- Top Secret level DoD Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top