System Engineer 3 - VMWare/WIN Server (18-078)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
Specific tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Candidate will be a S8.2 System Development Engineer responsible for planning, deploying, integrating, and testing the S8.2 C2BMC network server systems.
- Some travel may be required depending on the work to be performed.
- 5 years with a Bachelor of Science in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- Must possess a DoD 8570 certification at IAT Level II or higher (Security+, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, CISSP, CISA, GSE, SCNA).
- Active Secret clearance is required
- System engineer with hands-on experience and knowledge of virtualization design, development, testing methodologies; experience with VMware (vCenter), ESX servers, NetApp NAS/SAN, Windows servers and SQL servers.
- A solid understanding of the OSI Model, TCP/IP, routing protocols, network traffic analysis, diagnostic and troubleshooting experience
- Microsoft Windows server experience with multi-user applications
- Redhat server experience with multi-user applications
- VMware server installation, configuration, management performance monitoring and tuning of virtual machines ESXi servers
- Virtual machine troubleshooting and performance issues
- Experience creating VM deployment templates and automated deployments
- Understanding of standard DOD security practices such as, STIG compliance and system accreditation implementation efforts.
- Through understanding of Network Attached Storage, specifically NetApp FAS series
- Storage Area Network experience with high availability and performance for virtualization
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment with other highly motivated network engineers as well as independently at times on large field projects.
- Effective communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills using Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio drawing tools.
- Candidates with prior C2BMC network experience are highly desired.
- Also desire candidates with knowledge, skill sets or experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark.
- While not required candidates with experience in the following areas are desired: Authentication & encryption methods/capabilities (ACS, Active Directory, GEM-X), Virtualization technologies such a VMware vCenter and vSphere.
Back to top