System Administrator 3/4
Are you motivated to work in an environment that will challenge you, force you to continuously innovate, and work on solutions that make a difference for our customers? Do you want to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and agile team? If so, there is a future for you to support a highly visible and strategic program at Northrop Grumman.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking an experienced System Administrator within our team of qualified, diverse individuals. The position will be located in Fairfax, VA.
The experienced Systems Administrator must be self-motivated, hardworking and capable of working on an agile development program. He/she needs to be comfortable supporting incremental hardware deliveries that could require reconfiguration and continuous restructuring/re-building of the current infrastructure as new hardware is procured and baselines received. The ideal candidate will develop complex solutions to problems, utilizing ingenuity and innovation; and perform their work independently with minimal direction or oversight. The candidate must understand how their tasks fit within the overall program goals and perform their work accordingly. Additionally, this experienced systems administrator will be required to represent the organization to program and NGC leadership, as well as external business partners and customers.
The selected candidate will be responsible for the following activities:
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems.
- Analyze, enhance, install, test and modify enterprise-wide operating systems for both new and existing systems.
- Determine computer user needs; analyze system capabilities; identifies and resolves system/program errors; prepare operating instructions; and establish standards for development and maintenance.
- Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including HW installation & configuration, COTs SW installation, and security patching & scanning.
- Evaluate vendor products and make recommendations for SW & HW purchases.
- Other duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocating mass storage space, providing backup recovery.
The position is normally day shift hours, however, there will be periods where off hours work will be required. The Candidate will be required to be part of an on-call rotation. The candidate should also be prepared to travel to other locations to perform some tasks.
- Basic qualifications for a Level 3 are a Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of experience, Master’s Degree with 3 years of experience, Ph.D. with 0 years of experience. Basic qualifications for a Level 4 are a Bachelor’s degree with 9 years of experience, Master’s degree with 7 years of experience, Ph.D. with 4 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- At least 5 years of experience installing, configuring, hardening and tuning all enterprise-level variants of Linux/UNIX/Windows systems including VMWare.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience building large, integrated hardware systems from bare metal (racking, cabling, powering, initializing)
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with Program processes for identifying and resolving system defects/discrepancies (DR assignment, resolution and closure)
- Experience with IT and Data Center Infrastructure, including planning, designing, and implementing/installing network solutions for Data Centers.
- Strong interpersonal skills; a positive, helpful, and professional demeanor. Proven experience providing technical information/guidance to program leadership and customers.
- US Citizenship Required. An active TS/SCI clearance based on current SSBI (within 5 years) and a polygraph are required for this position
- Experience with Hardening Linux Redhat systems
- Experience with Network Storage device (Oracle ZFS NAS, NetApp) and associated data distribution frameworks (Hadoop)
- Experience with the following languages: C , Java, PHP, Python
- Discipline related certification(s), such as CCNP, CCNA, Security , and/or CompTIA Network .
- Ability to communicate with and support local as well as remote customers
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top