System Administrator 3 (16-139)
Northrop Grumman is seeking experienced Systems Administrators for a program located at Schriever, Air Force Base in Colorado Springs, CO.
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- The selected candidate will be part of a team that reports to the C2BMC Watch Officer (CWO) and performs daily system monitoring, operations and maintenance of the C2BMC systems in a 24x7 operations and test environment.
- The candidate will provide first level technical support to the warfighter and perform initial troubleshooting of all local C2BMC hardware, software and networks.
- The candidate will document and report all events/issues to the CWO and receive tasking and direction from the CCC for all operations, test & real world events.
- The candidate will also assist in all hardware/software installations as directed by the local SMEs and create and maintain user accounts as directed by the local ISSO.
- Performs other duties and assignments as required.
- Position requires 24x7 shift work.
- Candidate will be assigned to a shift, to be determined by mission requirements.
- Some substitute rotation during off-shifts, including nights and weekends will be required.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 6 years of professional experience or 10 years in lieu of a degree
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification requirements (Security CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA - Security).
- Sound background and experience with operations and maintenance of large-scale computer and communications systems/networking environments.
- Sound background and experience in system and/or network administration that include the following (UNIX, Linux, Windows, Cisco and Juniper).
- Sound background and experience in troubleshooting hardware and software components.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience and knowledge of C2BMC System or Missile Defense Systems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top