SWDC/I-SIM Systems Engineer 1
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Junior Systems Engineer/Analyst to support the Ballistic Missile Defense International Simulation (BMD I-Sim) product line of the DE Task Order on the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) program. The job location is at Schriever AFB, CO.
The systems engineerwill support the development of modeling and simulation of missile defense systems. Candidate will work in a team environment to design, develop, test, document and integrate simulation products for the Ballistic Missile Defense International Simulation (BMD I-Sim) organization using C++ and/or C# programming languages on Windows operating systems.
Primary responsibilities include developing requirements, creating algorithms, testing new capabilities, documenting new features, and analyzing simulation performance. Additional responsibilities could include interfacing with BMD I-Sim customers via event support and training events, and presenting technical briefings to BMD I-Sim stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM related discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) with 0 years of experience.
- Must have a basic understanding of object oriented software development and Windows platforms.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interpretation of system level data analysis.
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Currently have an activeDoD Secret Clearance.
- Must have strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Experience in developing tools in Matlab and/or similar analysis software.
- Experience in engineering M&S systems using an optimistic and/or conservative discrete event simulation platform.
- Experience in agile software development methodologies including Scrum and Kanban.
- Knowledge/experience in several of the following: missile defense domain knowledge, command and control, and modeling and simulation development.
Back to top