SWDC TESLA Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) seeks to fill aEngineer Systems (Eng 2) position in the Engineering and Sciences (E&S) function for our Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC) at the Schriever Air Force Base, Colorado Springs location.
What You'll Get to Do:
- This position serves as a systems engineer / analyst in support of the Tactical Emulation for Software in the Loop Assessment (TESLA) project.
- The engineer will work closely with developer staff to perform integration of the TESLA software with modeling and simulation applications and mission software.
- The engineer will also be responsible for performing statistical analysis and development of tools to support the analysis.
- The engineer will document their analysis and contribute to project deliverables.
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- 2 years of experience with a Bachelor's of Science degreeor 0 years of experience with a Masters degreein a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) disciplines
- Active DoD Interim Secret Clearance or higher
- Prior system analysis experience using MATLAB
- Development experience within the Linux/Unix programming environment
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Full Secret clearance
- Understanding of missile defense and the Ballistic Missile Defense System
- Understanding of modeling and simulation
- Proficient in Linux/Unix programming environments
- Experience with MDST and/or BOA software
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including technical & functional documentation, presentation materials, and status reporting.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Wellness Program
* Employee Discount Program
* On-Site Fitness Center (available at some locations)
* Flexible Work Schedules
* Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top