SWDC MDA/DE Task Order Systems Engineering Manager 2
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
There is an immediate need for a capable Engineering Leader to fulfill the role of Engineering Manager (EM) for the MDA/DE task order on the Specialized Warfighter and Development Contract. The EM will work in close coordination with the MDA/DE Task Order Lead, other senior SWDC Program Leaders, and Missile Defense Agency's (MDA) customer leadership. This position is located at Schriever AFB in Colorado Springs, CO.
The scope of the task order is modeling and simulation product development for the MDA/ESO customer organization. The task order includes multiple product lines. The product line organizations combine to provide systems engineering and software development of modeling and simulation products. The total team of 165+ Northrop Grumman and subcontractor employees across is located at Schriever AFB.
The EM will focus on the day-to-day task order organization and the running of operational activities; will work closely with the Product Line Leads to ensure they have the resources to be successful and are achieving contract milestones; will provide engineering guidance across the task order enterprise to include systems, software, and cybersecurity, and will assist the TO Lead in developing and implementing the strategic vision for the organization.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Serve as the Engineering and Sciences (E&S) Engineering Manager (EM) responsible for engineering resources and engineering performance in accordance with Northrop Grumman technical processes
- Serve as an E&S Section Manager with direct supervisory responsibilities for a team of Northrop Grumman engineers
- Management oversight at the product level of cost, schedule, and technical performance for each product line within the task order
- Customer relationship management with multiple MDA customers at various levels of seniority
- Close coordination with the Task Order Lead to establish strategic plans for the organization and help implement those approaches across the organization
- Provide backup support to the Task Order Lead at key SWDC Program meetings and participate with other SWDC Program Leaders to ensure program objectives and processes are executed consistently
- Serve as the lead for the collection, analysis and reporting of engineering metrics
- Represent the organization for SWDC integrated engineering planning and execution
- Lead integrated change control
- Increase the culture of rigorous engineering, improve software development practices, innovative technology exploration and mission excellence.
- Responsible for the success of existing MDA/DE task order initiatives including affordability
- Assist the Task Order Lead with Northrop Grumman business development initiatives including strategic growth opportunities, collaboration with corporate reach-back leaders, and the utilization of Northrop Grumman strategic talent.
- Identify and implement common engineering practices across the Task Order Product Lines to ensure common methodology, processes, procedures, and engineering artifact generation.
- Work with each Product Line Lead in the generation of EVMS metrics and status that can then be assessed at the Task Order level
- Research emerging best practices and technologies for task order and product portfolio management
- Lead the creation of task order plans and interact regularly with government program sponsors, stakeholders, product teams and others in completion of the work and communicating status
You Will Bring These Qualifications :
- 14 Years with a Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with a Masters degree; 9 Years with PhD degree.
- Mature leadership experience successfully managing large technical teams of 50 or more employees
- Cross-functional systems engineering experience
- Possess at least a basic understanding of DoD Cyber Security and Information Assurance requirements
- Strong technical background with software development and related development methodologies (e.g., Agile) on small to large systems
- Mature understanding of Earned Value planning, analysis and reporting
- Understanding of the fundamentals of DoD contract management
- Demonstrated experience with customer relationship management and personnel management
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex topics to junior staff and senior customers and contract leaders
- Possess an active Secret clearance or higher
- Current Top Secret clearance
- Greater than 3 years of experience in support of an agile software development lifecycle. Prior experience as a Scrum master is beneficial.
- Greater than 2 years of experience as an Earned Value Control Account Manager (CAM)
- Experience in the development of systems engineering, software development plans and associated processes
- Possess a current DoD 8570 IA Workforce Improvement Program IAM Level II Approved Baseline Certification or equivalent
- Working knowledge of NIST/DoD RMF processes.
- Prior experience in support of the US Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)
- Prior experience in Model Based Engineering (MBE) methodologies
- Background in the development of models and simulations
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family.
Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/ AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top