SWDC MDA/DE Task Order Systems Engineer 3 or 4
Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Mid-level Systems Engineer to support the MDA/DE Task Order on the Specialized Warfighter Development Contract (SWDC). This position reports to the MDA/DE Task Order Engineering Lead and will support both on-contract systems engineering and integration and serve as a key technical performer for business growth activities. This job is primarily performed from Schriever AFB, CO.
The scope of this position will be diverse and adapt to the needs of the task order organization. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, risk, and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Determine high level business requirements in conjunction with customer and manage requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Ensure architecture and design alignment with standards & strategic direction.
- Developing process and procedures
- Create scope, Concept of Operations, architecture & design documents.
- Establish test plans, requirements traceability & transition to production artifacts.
- Ensure system verification & validation is performed against requirements.
- Architecture definition, interface and context diagram documentation, identify compute and storage requirements to support customer.
- Systems engineering support for manufacturing environments.
- Assist in identifying technology roadmaps to reduce program execution costs
- Support growth activities such as RFIs, white papers, technical concept development and proposal support for SWDC growth and new captures
- Coordinate growth initiatives that involve organizing and leading teams of engineers from the Task Order execution
- Support conferences and symposiums manning booths and presenting technical papers
- Organize growth initiatives and maintain cognizance of initiative status
- For the level 3, Bachelors of Science degree ina STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)and 5 years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree in the same disciplinewith3 years of relevant experience.
- For the level 4, Bachelors of Science degree ina STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)and9 years of relevant experience; or a Master's degree in the same disciplinewith7 years of relevant experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in the execution of systems engineering processes in support of software development products
- Systems engineering experience in at least 2 of the following areas: requirements analysis, software architecture analysis, software system design, integration and test, and system analysis
- Must have a basic understanding of object-oriented software development
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must have strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
- Currently have an active DoD Secret Clearance prior to the start of work.
- Prior experience in the development of model and simulation software products
- Prior experience across the software product development lifecycle
- Prior engineering experience in support of the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS)
- Experience in agile software development methodologies including Scrum and/or Kanban
- Prior experience in responding to Government Requests for Information (RFIs), Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs), and requests for proposal
Back to top