SW Sustainment Embedded Software Engineer 2
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life.
Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. Just as you would invest your time and hard work into our company, we focus on investing back into you through enriching professional experiences and high-quality learning and development opportunities. We want you to bring your whole self to work and for you to have meaningful connections with your coworkers, customers, and communities, while providing the best products, systems, and technologies to protect our world.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is hiring an Embedded Software Engineer to support our Software Sustainment program located at Hill AFB, UT. This position will be an integral role helping to lead and grow our Software Sustainment team. This position has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Designs, develops, operates and maintains software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to and integrated with engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements.
- Interfaces with customers, suppliers, application users and other technical and support personnel.
- Apply the principles of engineering to design components and systems using applicable standards and specification
- Participate in research, planning, design and development of electrical systems
- Model circuits, analyze performance data, perform data processing
- Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports
- Verify designs through simulation and laboratory to ensure they meet electrical, mechanical, electromagnetic and EMI/EMC requirements
- Support design process from requirements definition through integration and test
- Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
- Interface with AF customer
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
Security: US Citizen able to obtain a US Secret Clearance
Experience: Prospective Candidate must have the following experience:
- 3 years with Bachelors in Science; 1 Years with Masters
- Demonstrated ability to implement new capabilities
- Demonstrated leader development
- Demonstrated performance, people leadership and customer intimacy
- Strong communication skills including technical writing and verbal communication
- This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or level 3.
- 3 years of progressive experience in Software Engineering
- 3 years progressive responsibility in providing technical leadership
- 3 years recent US Air Force platform experience
- Experience with SW sustainment, upgrade and modifications, embedded software development
- Strong understanding of entire product lifecycle and engineering best practices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top