Sustainment Engineer 4 (17-087,17-088)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) was selected by the U.S. Missile Defense Agency to participate on the Missile Defense National Team. This team was chartered to develop a Ballistic Missile Defense System for the United States. Missile Defense and Protective Systems (MDPS) serves as Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' focal point for all activities associated with missile defense, including Command, Control, Battle Management and Communications (C2BMC), simulation & modeling, systems engineering, and target discrimination.
Staff position reporting directly to the Sustainment Lead under Spiral 6.4. The position requires the ability to plan, implement, and manage sustaining engineering activities. The candidate will lead multiple activities to include reviewing projects for sustaining engineering impacts, track and prioritize O&S SMRs. The candidate will also support logistics activities within the Sustainment group such as authoring sustainment plans, planning for deployments, and generating operating processes. This position requires coordinating closely across other functional areas on the National Team, as well as the government counterparts at the Missile Defense Agency (MDA). The candidate should have a working knowledge of DoD Command and Control, C4I, or weapon systems deployment.
The Site Engineering position will be located at the Lockheed Martin Facility on HWY 83 Colorado Springs.
- Active Secret clearance required
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science STEM degree; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Sustaining engineering experience determining needed modifications for complex networked COTS computer systems
- Sustaining Engineering, Project Management, Team Leadership, system modification analysis, implementation , process identification and implementation
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task, experience working with diverse site locations
- Working with deployed forces at remote locations and understanding international cultures
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top