Survivability Software Engineer Systems
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We are seeking a Survivability Software Engineer Systemsto work on a variety of challenging projects. The selected candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's System Survivability Technology Development & Integration Team supporting Infrared (IR), Visual and Acoustic signature and modeling through advanced software development. We work in an R&D environment, which requires strong problem solving skills and an ability work well with a team while being independent and resourceful. Given a dynamic environment, developers will interact with users, customers and other developers performing a wide range of responsibilities including but not limited to: simulated flight testing, technology integration, Modeling & Simulation (M&S), and design optimization. Our proprietary Ray Trace Code is built upon NVIDIA OptiX (utilizing C++ & CUDA) with features that support advanced materials, texture mapping, procedural meshing and other advanced modeling techniques. Projects span from clean sheet design to code maturation and hardware-in-the-loop. These projects provide a broad spectrum of experience!
This position will be located at our Aerospace Systems Sector in Southern California inRedondo Beach.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, operate, and maintain software code and firmware components
- Apply advanced software techniques using best software practices
- Work closely with team members to ensure algorithms and physics are accurately modeled
- Extensive coding in C/C++, Python, and CUDA
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university and 2+ years of Systems Engineering experience in an aerospace/defense environment OR
- Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an ABET accredited university
- Experience programming in C++ and Python
- Experience withmodeling & simulation, image rendering, ray tracing, or virtual reality simulation
- Active DoD Secret security clearance
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering
- Due to immediate need, preferred candidate will have an active final DoD secret clearance will capacity to gain immediate SAP access.
- Basic understanding of the Nvidia OptiX framework
- Basic understanding of GPU hardware and GPU programming
- Strong in advanced Object-oriented real-time embedded software design, implementation, and optimization.
- Experience with GPU hardware and GPU programming with CUDA
- Experience with Modeling & Simulation (M&S), image rendering, ray tracing, or virtual reality simulation
- Experience working with the Nvidia OptiX framework
- Experience modeling BRDFs (Bidirectional reflectance distribution function), atmospherics, semi-transparent or complex surfaces
- Demonstrated capability in software design, development, unit testing, and/or integration
- Ability to verbally communicate and present progress and findings with technical leadership
- Understanding of cross-platform (Windows and Linux) design, development, deployment, and support.
- Experience in network stack, protocols, topologies, and application layer communication concepts.
- Experience with high-speed image data acquisition technologies such as Cameralink and GigE Vision.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top