Survivability Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The qualified applicant will take direction from and work with the Hardware Sustaining Integrated Product Team (IPT) in Oklahoma City and the customer's sustainment branch at Tinker AFB to conduct investigations into issues found in operational service which do not meet baseline specifications.
Role and Responsibilities
• Perform Radar Cross Section (RCS) and Supportability data analysis; provide recommendations to the sustainment branch customer at Tinker AFB and the Hardware Sustainment IPT.
• Perform RCS test plan development and support on and offsite testing as required
• Reduce data and summarize results to support design decisions and analysis validation
• Understand LO support requirements and plan, coordinate and develop the required tools and materials to reduce the
survivability related Maintenance Man Hours (MMH) spent by the customer on maintaining the B-2
• Coordinate LO Supportability requirements with RCS model designers and model fabrication to ensure the model
meets LO supportability requirements.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum 9 years engineering experience; 7 years of experience with a Masters; 5 years of experience with a PhD
- Comprehensive understanding of Systems Survivability and the techniques used to control aircraft electromagnetic signature.
- Experience presenting technical, cost and schedule performance briefings to senior management and customers
• Demonstrated experience with at least three low observable aircraft modernization projects from technology
B-2 Program Security Requirements:
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top