Survivability Design, Analysis, & Integration - Engineer Systems 2
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) is seeking a System Survivability Engineer 2 for System Survivability Product Development to be located in Redondo Beach, California. The qualified applicant will support a diverse portfolio of internally and externally funded research and technology development activities. As part of your assignment, you will work as part of a multidisciplinary team to determine how survivability technologies can best be integrated into air-based systems within the NGAS portfolio.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Will utilize 1D, 2D, and 3D computational electromagnetic codes such as method of moments (MoM) and physical optics (PO) to perform component and vehicle level design and analysis and ensure system survivability
- Perform survivability testing and data post-processing using Knowbell or Pioneer to verify survivability design of antennas, propulsion systems, and vehicle features such as edges, wing folds, gaps and door seals (testing performed at both indoor and outdoor testing facilities)
- Complete his/her tasks under the guidance and direction of a senior engineer
The System Survivability Engineer will be a part of an integrated product team (IPT), supporting multi-discipline advanced development programs and technology research and development (R&D).
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering, or physics at an accredited university
- Minimum 2 years proven experience in Applied Electromagnetics and Aircraft Survivability design; 0 years of experience with a Master's degree in electrical, mechanical, or aerospace engineering, or physics at an accredited university
- Active secret clearance (required to start)
- BS/MS degrees in electrical engineering or coursework in applied electro-physics.
- Master's degree plus 1 year of experience; Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of experience
- Experience in signature integration, RCS design, analysis, and testing (highly desired)
- Experience with Method of Moments and physical optics codes such as Xpatch (highly desired)
- Experience with RCS data processing tools, such as Knowbell or Pioneer (highly desired)
- Computer-aided drafting (CAD) skills using tools such as Catia or UG (a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An active top secret clearance is highly preferred. Previous SAP/SAR program access is highly preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top