Support Equipment Engineering Manager 2
- Melbourne, FL
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You create trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is YOU...please keep reading.
The Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems Logistics & Modernization (L&M) functional homeroom is seeking an Engineering Manager 2, reporting to the Support Equipment Engineering Manager 3, supporting the Fleet Sustainment Integrated Product Team (IPT) on the E-2 Hawkeye program.
The Manager will lead a cross-disciplined team of 20 mechanical and electrical engineers whose responsibilities include Operational Test Program Set (OTPS) engineering (system requirements, detailed design, manufacturing, software development, lab integration, and verification) and Detailed Functional Description Document Package (DFDDP) development. This position will be located at the Manned Aircraft Design Center of Excellence (CoE) in Melbourne, Florida.
In this role, the selected candidate will be expected to:
- Manage and lead the L&M OTPS Support Equipment team by supervising daily work operations of employees
- Actively assist or provide direction to employees, including the assignment of cost, schedule and technical tasks
- Provide management and oversight to the execution of various Statements of Work (SOW) on the Fleet Sustainment IPT
- Be responsible for requirements, design, development, fabrication, testing and implementation of OTPS support equipment solutions
- Lead the engineering team in developing technical data associated with O, I and D level testing, including DFDDP data associated with Consolidated Automated Support System (CASS) OTPS development
- Ensure projects, tasks and contract deliverables are submitted on schedule and within budget
- Establish employee goals, actively mentor and provide performance feedback
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) field from an accredited institution and 8 years of engineering experience
- 4 years of experience managing or leading a technical team
- 4 years in Support Equipment engineering
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD Secret clearance
- At least 10 years of experience in Support Equipment engineering
- At least 10 years of Test Program Set engineering experience
- Experience in Test Program Set (TPS) development and management for Navy Avionics using CASS or eCASS Automatic Test Equipment (ATE)
- Experience with earned value management (EVM)
- Current DoD Secret or Top Secret clearance
Back to top