Supply Chain Tech Coord 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an experienced Material Distribution/Handling Support Specialist to assist our Stores/Warehousing team at our Promontory, UTfacility.
Role description & Responsibilities:
Successful candidate will perform a combination of manual and clerical shipping, receiving, excessing and warehousing duties, which will require the use of hand trucks, forklifts and other material handling devices, as well as computers to maintain data. Position requires the following.
- Receive stock and issue materials used in manufacturing areas.
- Utilize a computerized MRP system (Cost Point) to input a variety of material related transactions.
- Perform inventories, material obsolescence reviews and overhead material planning.
- Work in shipping, receiving and stores areas.
- Operate narrow aisle forklifts, pallet jacks and sit-down forklifts or various sizes.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 2 to 3 years of warehouse or retail experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to obtain an Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems forklift license
- Working knowledge and use of Microsoft Office
- Demonstrated ability to work alone and in a team environment
- Good interpersonal skills with all levels of employees and customers
- Self-motivated and able to work with supervision
- Able to solve problems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top