Supply Chain Subcontrct Spec 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employee have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advance human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to o what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist 4 for our Redondo Beach, CA location.
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts
- Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts. Participates with Contract Administration and Purchasing to develop subcontracts policies and procedures
- Sources and procures specialized goods and services. Owns contractual management for the supplier. Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases. Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as Contracts, Engineering, Quality, Supplier Development, Planning, Operations, and Program Management
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations. Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities. Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to Logistics/Transportation and Warehouse organizations so that proper receipt is recorded
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers. Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed. Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency, and continuous improvement
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years of experience in Subcontracts and/or Procurement; 8 years with a Master's degree
- Strong working knowledge of FAR and DFAR regulations
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance
- Master's degree in Supply Chain Management
- Experience with management of high dollar value or complex subcontracts
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top