Supply Chain Subcontrct Spec 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL.
Sources and procures specialized goods and services. Owns contractual management for the supplier. Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases. Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users. Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services. Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders' conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded
- Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
- Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 6 years combined experience or a minimum of 4 years combined experience with a Master's Degree
- Minimum of 1 years' experience with SAP or related business application software
- Minimum of 1 years' experience with FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) and DFAR
- Must have an Active, In-Scope DOD Secret Security Clearance or higher that has been granted / renewed within the past 6 years
- Master Degree Preferred
- CAM Experience
- Special Program Access
- Risk mitigation experience
- Negotiating skills with contract in excess of $25 million
- Change Management experience
- Previous Team Lead or Management experience
- Presentation skills to executive leadership
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top