Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialist 3 (Clearance Required)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history
Aerospace Systems sector is seeking aPrinciple Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist Level 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
Sources and procures specialized goods and services. Owns contractual management for the supplier. Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases. Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users. Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services. Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards (issues purchase orders or subcontracts through MRP system), and administers resulting subcontracts. In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules. Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations. Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations. Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities. Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded. Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers. Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed. Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's degree with6years' of applied experience in Subcontractsand/or Procurement, or a Master's degree with4 years of experience.
- Basic working knowledge of FAR and DFARS regulations
- Experience with SAP or another similar purchasing program
- Candidate must currently have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business,Supply Chain Management, or Procurement
- Experience with management of high dollar subcontract or complex subcontracts
- Active Top Secret DoD Clearance
- If candidate has a Top Secret clearance, candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top