Supply Chain Procurement Specialist
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking a Supply Chain Procurement Specialist to join our team at our Promontory, Utah location.
This position is responsible for procuring a wide variety of materials to support numerous rocket motor production programs. This position represents the SCM organization for numerous development programs.
• Receive and review each Purchase Requisition (PR) for completeness and necessary information.
• Prepare requests for bids/quotations as necessary.
• Evaluate quotations/bids received and makes final vendor selection.
• Purchase assigned materials/commodities.
• Ensure proper terms and quality clauses are negotiated and incorporated into each Purchase Order (PO).
• Negotiate price, payment terms, and delivery method to ensure lowest total cost/best value for assigned materials.
• Interface with program management and follows-up on all assigned/placed PO's to ensure program requirements are met.
• Coordinates and makes the necessary arrangements for processing discrepant supplied materials and makes proper disposition of rejected/noncompliant materials.
• Approve supplier invoice exceptions for payment by the Accounting Department in accordance with governing policies and procedures.
• Make recommendations about and develops sources based upon research, quality discounts, alternate brands and freight carriers.
• Document all PO files in accordance with company and Government regulations and procedures.
• Close out PO's files in accordance with company and Government regulations and procedures.
Expected Requirements / Technical Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field required and 2-4 years' experience in purchasing.
• Ability to present to Program Management and Production Management
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a best-in-class customer service mindset
• Strong aptitude for problem solving
• Strong negotiation skills
• Ability to travel up to 5% of the time
• Experience using Microsoft products to include Word, Excel, and Outlook
Preferred Requirements / Technical Skills:
• Dynamic Buyer with experience sourcing and managing the procurement process for both high volume and high complexity materials, sub-assemblies and assemblies
• Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications
• Knowledge of FAR, DFAR, ITAR and NASA requirements
• Knowledge about forecasting
• Experience in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with concurrent engineering
• Continuous improvement mindset with experience such as PES and Lean
• Experience in ERP systems such as Deltek CostPoint
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top