Supply Chain Planning Specialist (Multiple Shifts Available)
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Aeronautics Systems sector is seeking a Supply Chain Planning Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Palmdale, CA.
Defines and develops material strategy. Responsible for the assessment of supply resources; aggregates and prioritizes demand requirements; plans inventory, distribution requirements, production, material and rough-cut capacity for all products. Participates in make/buy process, long-term capacity and resource planning; product phase-in/phase-out, manufacturing ramp-up, end-of-life management and product-line management. Analyzes and aggregates supply / demand requirements. Analyzes purchase material supply/demand position using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) tools. Plans inventory levels based on dependent and independent Bill-of-Materials (BOM) requirements. Assesses rough-cut capacity for current and short-term manufacturing requirements. Creates/reduces supply requirements based on inventory adjustments. Participates in long-term capacity and resource planning to ensure proper scheduling of new product line phase-ins as well as existing product line phase-outs. Interfaces with Source process area regarding inventory levels, working capital and other areas as needed. Creates/releases requisitions. Receives/reviews requirements for non-standard parts. Analyzes lead times and identifies critical path procurements.
This individual supports a team-based material organization. Performs activities in a variety of cross-functional areas including materials planning, total quality management, procurement, supplier quality assurance, finance, materials systems, customer service, etc. The incumbents may facilitate self-directed work teams, provide training in core skill areas to teams and peers, and interact with internal customers and suppliers with respect to product planning, problem resolution, and process improvement. Incumbents are generally experienced in one or more areas of the material function.
Individual must be able to perform 50% desk work and 50% production floor integration responsibilities.
T he selected candidates will be required to support either a First Shift 4/10 (Mon-Thurs), Second Shift 4/10 (Mon-Thurs) or First weekend 3/10 shift (Fri-Sun)
- Bachelor's degree with 2 years' experience, a Master's degree with 0 years' experience, or a High School diploma/equivalent with 6 years' experience in supply chain, production planning, materials planning, total quality management, procurement, supplier quality assurance and/or industry related fields.
- Knowledge of MS Office Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Word
- Ability to perform 50% desk work and 50% production floor integration responsibilities with the ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- A current active DOD Secret Clearance that has been granted/renewed within the last 5 years. The ability to obtain and maintain Special Program access is required to start.
- Must be able to support either a First shift 4/10 (Mon-Thurs), Second Shift 4/10 (Mon-Thurs) or First weekend shift (Fri-Sun)
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree
- 2 years production floor experience in the aerospace industry.
- Knowledge of SAP and MRP/ERP systems.
Back to top