Supply Chain Planning Anlyst 3/4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a candidate to fill an opening as a Supplier Lead of the Mechanical,
Supplier Management/KS&T Integration team within the Global Supply Chain organization. The Supplier Lead will serve
as the sector face to the supply base within the technology domain as well as provide a link between supply chain and
engineering & manufacturing for emerging technologies and programs.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Foster strategic and tactical relationships between suppliers and NG
- Collaborate with procurement agents and program design teams to determine source selection and structure appropriate
contract approaches for new development products to achieve objectives of the program while minimizing overall risk to
- Coordinate with programs and suppliers in new product launch risk assessment for both technical and schedule risks.
- Manage new development /high risk open requirements with suppliers and provide schedule status visibility to programs
and engineering producibility team
- Support multi-disciplined teams in problem resolution
- Visit suppliers on a periodic basis to perform product technical reviews, oversee high risk processes, and facilitate
product close out lessons learned reviews
- Engage with suppliers in the development of new materials and processes in support of new products and capabilities
within primary supply base
- Provide supplier capacity assessments in support of key program proposals
- Participate on multi-disciplined teams to assess and qualify new suppliers and/or capabilities
- Develop and maintain supplier capability assessment checklists
- Foster engineering engagement across campuses to continue driving towards single supply base and common design /
- Communicate on a regular basis supplier performance metrics (quality, cost, schedule, technical, etc.)
Facilitate program business and technical interchanges with suppliers
- Host supplier business and performance reviews
- Implement program-specific objectives and Sector level objectives within the supply base
- Monitor overall supply base and industry trends for opportunities and/or risks to NG
This position will report to the Manager, Mechanical Key Supplier & Technology Management Team. The
candidate will have ownership responsibility for the execution of supply chain processes and strategies for a particular
set of suppliers and/or technologies within the technology domain. The candidate will be a member of an integrated,
multi-disciplined team comprised of experts in materials management, subcontract administration, procurement, mission
assurance, engineering, and manufacturing.
Qualifications - External
This position can be hired at either a level 3 or a level 4.
If hired at a level 3, the basic education and work experience are:
- Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of hardware development/manufacturing/supply chain experience
- Master's Degree and 4 years of hardware development/manufacturing/supply chain experience
If hired at a level 4, the basic education and work experience are:
- Bachelors Degree and 10 yrs of hardware development/manufacturing/supply chain experience
- Masters Degree and 8 yrs of hardware development/manufacturing/supply chain experience
Both levels must have:
- US citizen with ability to obtain DoD Secret Clearance
- Technical experience in Mechanical products and processes such as brazing, welding, casting, forging, laminated busbars, milling, turning, EDM, etc.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top