Supply Chain Manager 3 - Space Components
- San Diego, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Components Business Unit is seeking a Supply Chain Manager 3 to join our team. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
The Manager of Supply Chain leads a team of procurement professionals in providing supply chain support for program proposal and execution requirements for the Space Components Business Unit in the Tactical Space Systems Division within the Space Systems sector. Responsibilities include support of the business unit's performance, financial growth and achieve operational objectives in collaboration with Strategy, Business Development, Operations, Contracts, Business Management, Engineering, Legal, Mission Assurance, and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with Sector and Division policies and procedures.
The Supply Chain Manager engages in the resolution of complex supply chain issues, the formulation of material demand plans based on the business forecast, improving the use of tools and processes to increase the operational efficiency of the supply chain team and support operations and program execution to meet customer commitments.
This position requires experience in communicating and collaborating at a high level as well as leading supply chain management processes from material forecast and source selection through material delivery and acceptance.
The preferred candidate will have leadership experience, strong interpersonal skills, will be able to multi-task, will be a results oriented creative thinker and will possess a thorough understanding of supply chain best practices, the Business Acquisition Process (BAP) and project management.
- Manage a team of 2-3 Procurement and Supply Chain Managers and an overall organization of 20 Procurement Professionals
- Execute Strategy Deployment Improvement Initiatives
- Implement NGC Global Supply Chain policies and procedures
- Improve utilization of daily management standards and operating principles
- Create and implement cost reduction strategies by commodity, program or product value stream to achieve mutual desired outcomes, formalizing the relationship in the form of long term agreements or standard pricing agreements
- Lead Supplier Performance Management Improvement Initiatives
- Achieve Target Goals for Supply Chain / Procurement including Supplier Performance Targets in Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Achieve Key Process Indicator (KPI) Goals - Measure, report and improve on all operating KPI's for Supply Chain
- Utilize robust Root Cause and Corrective Action processes in response to business issues
- Establish and track monthly sales forecasts for materials, report variances and establish corrective actions to achieve goals
- Lead Continuous Improvement events in collaboration with business partners at each Operating Unit and at the Business Unit level
- Responsible for the development, mentoring, coaching, and engagement of the Global Supply Chain Procurement, Subcontracts and Supplier Quality Team
- Know their respective workload to ensure program and operations requirements are prioritized and executed to meet the needs of each operating unit and the business unit
- Fostering proper engagement with the operations execution team and program functional teams
- Facilitate communication of requirements and status to program and business area stakeholders.
- Co-Lead Procurement Quality Board with Business Unit Quality Manager
- Responsible for total supplier performance for the commodities, program(s) or product value stream
- Ensure quality assurance flow down in all subcontracts and purchase orders
- Responsible to partner with Quality and Procurement for Root Cause and Corrective Action documentation and actions addressing supplier non-conformances and schedule slips focused on recovery plans
- Drive supply chain strategies to improve supply chain agility including significant lead time reduction and improvements in supplier delivery performance and in support of business development efforts for emerging/non-product line program activities.
- Apply Import/Export regulations such as ITAR, EAR, DDTC registration etc.
- Apply security regulations concerning vendor visits or sharing information
- Apply government contract requirements such as FAR, DFAR, ISO, NASA, CPSR, MMAS, DCAA, SOX, etc. to appropriate agreements
- Support auditing processes such as DCAA, CPSR, internal, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree with 7-10 years of experience in Global Supply Chain or Business Management
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of Supply Chain Professionals; proven organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated capability and success in understanding metrics, data management and overall business analytics
- In depth understanding and experience with Supply Chain policies, process, tools, regulations and protocols including capacity planning, materials forecasting and make/buy analysis
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong, effective working relationships with a wide range of stakeholder with success in leading and influencing peers and other support functions
- Experience in leading Proposal efforts across Subcontractors and Materials vendors
- Ability to assess risk and opportunity in making critical decisions
- High level of proficiency in MS Office suite, procurement and ERP systems/tools
- Working knowledge of NGC Global Supply Chain, Business Development, Strategy, Manufacturing/Operations and/or Engineering procedures and practices.
- MBA and/or Supply Chain-related professional designation and a minimum of 8 years' experience in defense or aerospace systems
- Experience in DoD government contracting and commercial business industry and/or procurement administration
- Experience in driving to resolution complex technical issues in collaboration with suppliers, engineering, quality/mission assurance and program office.
- Experience with a diverse portfolio of programs, opportunities, customers, and associated suppliers.
Back to top