Supplier Diversity Specialist
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life. Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be. We are currently looking for a supplier diversity specialist in our Technology Services sector in Herndon, VA. This position is responsible for ensuring that maximum practicable subcontracting opportunities are offered to Small Business (SB), Small Disadvantaged Businesses (SDB), Women-Owned Small Business (WOSB), Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB) and small businesses in Historically Underutilized Business Zones (HUBZone). Acts as advocate for all classes of SBs. Assures the company meets full government compliance with FAR Part 19 – Small Business Programs and other small business laws and regulations. Supports proposals and prepares and reviews subcontracting plans. Monitors adherence to subcontracting plan goals during contract execution. Provides assistance in locating potential small business concerns when none are known. Acts as the focal point for all potential source referrals, distributes referral information to applicable buying groups and follows-up for disposition. Supports internal training provided to various business functions. In addition, this position requires a large amount of data extraction, analysis, Government reporting, metrics and trend analysis from various internal and external systems.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's Degree with 3 years of experience in government contracting, project management, pricing, and/or proposal operations or Master's degree and 1 year of this experience; 4 years of additional related experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Ability to prioritize and organize work
- Ability to multi-task and switch between tasks efficiently without compromising quality of work
- Must be able to demonstrate intermediate to advanced level skills in Excel and proficiently and efficiently use remaining MS Office Suite applications (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing with an emphasis toward openness and a commitment to quality customer service
- Ability to work independently and proactively with little guidance and/or supervision
- Training in supplier diversity, procurement and contract management
- Working knowledge of FAR and FAR supplements and ability research and utilize these federal acquisition regulations
- Experience interacting with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations
- Experience providing proposal support/proposal operations
- Technical and/or program management skills
- Understanding of NGC products and programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top