Summer Intern - Safety Engineer (EHS)
- Assist with conducting hazard assessments for processes and equipment; recommend corrective actions
- Inspect and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices for regulatory compliance
- Assist in the design and implementation of workplace processes including engineering controls and procedures that help protect workers from potentially hazardous work conditions
- Under close supervision, provide training and feedback to improve overall knowledge of EHS activities
- Perform recordkeeping functions
- Participate in accident investigations to identify cause(s) and corrective actions
- Complete EHS related projects
- Candidate must be a senior level undergraduate or recent graduate (within 3 years) or currently pursuing a post graduate degree in any of the following fields of study: Occupational Safety and Health, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Safety and Health, Environmental Management/Science, Industrial/Fire Safety Engineering, or related Safety/Environmental/ or Engineering field
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate / graduate program or possess a degree from a regionally accredited university
- Previous safety/environmental experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to work independently
- Show initiative and work as a team player
- Build and maintain positive relationships
- Analyze and resolve problems
- Interpret and apply regulatory requirements
- Able to implement continuous improvement initiatives
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO.
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top