Subsystems Controls Engineer - Principal
Northrop Grumman Missions Systems is seeking an experienced Subsystems ControlEngineer with relevant background and experience in Subsystem control architecture, design, development, and integration/test of active and passive electronically scanned array antennas and highly integrated RF subsystems to join our team of professionalsat our Linthicum, Maryland location.
Self-motivated candidates will have the opportunity to work with a technically diverse and talented team of engineers developing innovative and cost-effective hardware systems that support a broad range of products and business areas across the complete lifecycle of a program.
A successful candidate will be able to translate system-level requirements related to the control system to the lower level subsystems and the detailed component design level, derive requirements, and manage requirements. A successful candidate will have demonstrated technical ability/leadership and expertise in leadership across multiple engineering disciplines. Hands-on lab skills, antenna range integration, test, and system integration experience is pertinent.
Specific experience required includes a basic understanding of some of the following: TR modules, phase shifters, LNAs, Array Drivers, and Time Delay Units. Prior design experience with either electronic circuit assemblies, printed wiring boards, FPGAs, or embedded real-time software control required.The candidate must possess the skills to work within a team to integrate the antenna and subsystem at the component level and the next higher assemblies across multiple disciplines.
- A Bachelor's Degree in a S.T.E.M Discipline with 5 years of experience; Master's Degree with 3 years experience; Ph.D with 0 years experience
- Hands-on lab skills, antenna range integration, test, and system integration experience is pertinent.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret clearance is required, U.S. Citizenship is a pre-requisite
- Prior design experience with either electronic circuit assemblies, printed wiring boards, FPGAs, or embedded real-time software control required
- A Basic understanding of the following is required: TR modules, phase shifters, LNAs, Array Drivers, and Time Delay Units
A background of radar systems and components of the system is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top