Subsystem Design Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Subsystem Design Engineer 3 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located at our facility in Palmdale, CA.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Vehicle Subsystems team and program subsystems IPTs and will be responsible for supporting design of aircraft subsystems. Aircraft Subsystems include: Environmental Control Systems, Hydraulic Systems, Fuel Systems, Wire Harness, and Thermal Systems.
The Vehicle Subsystems team is currently engaged in the exciting design and development of next generation aircraft.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Bachelors of Science in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) from an accredited institution and 5 years of subsystems design experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters in Engineering from an accredited institution and 3 years of subsystems design experience in an aerospace environment
- Direct experience with the design and/or installation of Environmental Control Systems, Hydraulic Systems, Fuel Systems, Wire Harness, and Thermal Systems
- Active in-scope DOD Secret clearance is required
- Must be able to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific accesses
- Masters degree in Aerospace Engineering
- Experience working on military aircraft
- Experience with UG/NX or CATIA CAD systems
- Active in-scope DOD Top Secret clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top