Subcontracts Administrator 4
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector - Airborne C4ISR Systems Division seeks a Subcontracts Administrator 4 to join its team.
This position is located in San Diego, CA.
The Subcontracts Administrator 4 is responsible for executing major procurement activities and providing contractual
support and documentation to suppliers, in support of proposals and programs.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Interfacing and corresponding with suppliers
- Developing sourcing/evaluation strategies
- Supplier identification
- Source selection
- Coordinating export control/security requirements
- Preparing and issuing RFPs with appropriate customer flow downs and terms & conditions
- Conducting bidders' conferences
- Conducting proposal evaluations
- Conducting negotiations to meet contract/program targets/schedules, and terms and conditions, payment terms for
materials & services
- Ensuring compliance with FAR/DFARS regulations and purchasing policies & procedures
- Validating pricing and maintain proper subcontract files with correct documentation.
- Management of subcontract agreement modifications, which include coordination of required additions, deletions, or
other modifications or formal documented communication to subcontractors
- Arranging and participating in supplier meetings and controlling and reporting supplier progress.
- Evaluation of customer RFP's
- In conjunction with the program management teams, develops subcontract RFP's that include Statements of Work,
Technical/Quality Specifications, Deliverable Requirements List and Schedules, Performance Assessment Requirements,
terms and conditions, proposal preparation and pricing requirements/templates, compliance matrices and supplier
- Preparation of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement
- Preparation and management of internal step reviews of new opportunities and formal customer proposal preparation
- Analyzes and evaluates subcontractor proposals, negotiates deviations from work statements, schedule, and/or terms
and conditions, while working closely with the program management team
- Provides subcontractor pricing, deviations from scope and/or terms and conditions, comprehensive cost analysis and
justifications, and technical data assertions to the Business Management Group
- Contracts and Pricing Business Division during the proposal preparation phase.
- Selects or recommends subcontractors, writes formal awards, processes internal justifications, and documents files in
preparation for internal and external audits.
- Administers resulting subcontracts, ensuring that all requirements are performed in accordance with the scope of work
and delivery schedules.
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 10 years of work experience in procurement/supply chain/contracts and/or subcontracts OR a Master's Degree with a minimum of 8 years of work experience in procurement/supply chain/contracts or subcontracts.
- experience working with multiple contracting formats, including Firm Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursable
- Must understand the proposal process, pricing instructions, terms and conditions and determine the adequacy of
subcontractor proposals received.
- Proficiency with the use of MS Office Suite applications
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills
- Should possess working knowledge of U.S. Government contracting and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)/
Defense Federal Acquisitions
- Regulation Supplement (DFARS), with specific working knowledge of Parts 15 (Contracting by Negotiation) and
31(Contract Cost Principles and Procedures); Cost Accounting Standards (CAS); and Defense Contract Audit Agency
(DCAA) audit procedures
- Active Security Clearance
- Experience with SAP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top