Subcontracts Administrator 3
The Subcontracts Administrator 3 is responsible for executing major procurement activities and providing contractual support and documentation to suppliers, in support of proposals and programs in Rolling Meadows, IL.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Interfacing and corresponding with suppliers
- Developing sourcing/evaluation strategies
- Supplier identification
- Source selection
- Coordinating export control/security requirements
- Preparing and issuing RFPs with appropriate customer flow downs and terms & conditions
- Conducting bidders' conferences
- Conducting proposal evaluations
- Conducting negotiations to meet contract/program targets/schedules, and terms and conditions, payment terms for materials & services
- Ensuring compliance with FAR/DFARS regulations and purchasing policies & procedures
- Validating pricing and maintain proper purchase order files with correct documentation
- Management of subcontract agreement modifications, which include coordination of required additions, deletions, or other modifications or formal documented communication to subcontractors
- Arranging and participating in supplier meetings and controlling and reporting supplier progress
- Evaluation of customer RFP's
- In conjunction with the program management teams, develops subcontract RFP's that include Statements of Work, Technical/Quality Specifications, Deliverable Requirements List and Schedules, Performance Assessment Requirements, terms and conditions, proposal preparation and pricing requirements/templates, compliance matrices and supplier profiles
- Preparation of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement
- Preparation and management of internal step reviews of new opportunities and formal customer proposal preparation
- Analyzes and evaluates subcontractor proposals, negotiates deviations from work statements, schedule, and/or terms
and conditions, while working closely with the program management team
- Provides subcontractor pricing, deviations from scope and/or terms and conditions, comprehensive cost analysis and justifications, and technical data assertions to the Business Management Group
- Interacts with Contracts and Pricing Business Division during the proposal preparation phase
- Selects or recommends subcontractors, writes formal awards, processes internal justifications, and documents files in preparation for internal and external audits
- Administers resulting subcontracts, ensuring that all requirements are performed in accordance with the scope of work and delivery schedulesDevelops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services. Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts. Negotiates and coordinates additions, deletions, or modifications to subcontracts. Participates with contracts administration and purchasing to develop subcontract policies and procedures.
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 6 years of work experience in procurement/supply chain/contracts/subcontracts and/or accounting or finance OR a Master's Degree with a minimum of 4 years of work experience in procurement/supply chain/contracts/ subcontracts and/or accounting or finance.
proficient in MS office
effective written and verbal communication skills are a must
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Active Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top