Subcontracts Administrator 3
This position is responsible for executing major procurement activities and providing contractual support and documentation to suppliers in support of proposals and programs.
Specific responsibilities include interfacing and corresponding with suppliers, developing sourcing & evaluation strategies; supplier identification; source selection; coordinating export control/security requirements; preparing and issuing RFPs with appropriate customer flow downs and terms & conditions; conducting bidders’ conferences; proposal evaluations; conducting negotiations to meet contracts/program targets/schedules, terms & conditions, payment terms for materials & services; administering resultant subcontracts; ensuring compliance with FAR/DFARS regulations and purchasing policies & procedures; validating pricing; and maintaining proper PO files with correct documentation.
Additionally, this position is responsible for management of subcontract modifications, which includes coordination of required additions, deletions, or other modifications or formal documented communication to subcontractors, arranging and participating in supplier meetings and controlling and reporting supplier progress.
- Evaluation of customer RFP’s and ability to work with the program team to develop subcontract RFP’s that include Statements of Work, Technical/Quality Specifications, Deliverable Requirements List and Schedules, Performance
Assessment Requirements, Terms and Conditions, Proposal Preparation and Pricing Requirements/Templates,Compliance Matrices and supplier profiles.
- Preparation of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement, preparation and management of internal Step reviews of new opportunities and formal customer proposal preparation.
- Analysis and evaluation of subcontractor proposals, negotiating deviations from work statements, schedule, and/or terms and conditions, while working closely with the program management team.
- Providing subcontractor pricing, deviations from scope and/or terms and conditions, comprehensive cost analysis and justifications, and technical data assertions to the Contracts group during the proposal preparation phase.
- Selecting or recommending subcontractors; writing formal awards; processing internal justifications, and documenting files in preparation for internal and external audits.
- Administering resultant subcontracts, ensuring that all requirements are performed in accordance with the scope of work and delivery schedules.
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6 years or 4 years with Masters directly related work experience in US Government procurement, contracts, subcontracts or related field.
Must have experience working with multiple contracting formats, including Firm Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursable, possess knowledge relating to special payment provisions (progress or performance based payments).
Must have working knowledge and understanding of the proposal process, pricing instructions, terms and conditions and be able to determine the adequacy of subcontractor proposals received.
Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
Expertise in MS Office Word and MS Excel.
Knowledge of U.S. Government contracting and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)/Defense Federal Acquisitions Regulation Supplement (DFARS), with specific working knowledge of Parts 15 (Contracting by Negotiation) and 31(Contract Cost Principles and Procedures); Cost Accounting Standards (CAS); and Defense Contract Audit Agency(DCAA) audit procedures .
- Working Knowledge of SAP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top