Subcontracts Administrator 2/3
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems Sector, Airborne C4ISR Systems Division seeks Subcontracts Administrator 2/3 to join its team.
This position is located in McClellan, CA or potentially San Jose, CA depending upon program needs.
The Subcontracts Administrator 2/3 is responsible for executing major procurement activities and providing contractual support and documentation to suppliers, in support of proposals and programs.
Routine responsibilities include the following:
- Interfacing and corresponding with suppliers
- Developing sourcing/evaluation strategies
- Supplier identification
- Source selection
- Preparation of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement
- Evaluation of customer RFP’s
- In conjunction with the program management teams, developing subcontract RFP’s that include Statements of Work, Technical/Quality Specifications, Deliverable Requirements List and Schedules, Performance Assessment Requirements, terms and conditions, appropriate customer flow down requirements, proposal preparation and pricing requirements/templates, compliance matrices and supplier profiles
- Analyzing and evaluating subcontractor proposals
- Provides subcontractor pricing, deviations from scope and/or terms and conditions, comprehensive cost analysis and justifications, and technical data assertions to stakeholders during the proposal preparation phase.
- Working closely with program management team to negotiate price, payment terms, work statements, schedule, and/or terms and conditions to meet contract/program requirements
- Selects or recommends subcontractors, writes formal awards, processes internal justifications, and documents files in preparation for internal and external audits.
- Administers resulting subcontracts, ensuring that all requirements are performed in accordance with the scope of work and delivery schedules.
- Ensuring compliance with FAR/DFARS regulations and purchasing policies & procedures
- Management of subcontract agreement modifications, which include coordination of required additions, deletions, or other modifications or formal documented communication to subcontractors
- Arranging and participating in supplier meetings and controlling and reporting supplier progress.
This requisition may be filled at either a level 2 or a level 3.
1. The basic qualification requirements for a Professional Band Level 3 is a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 6 years of work experience in procurement/supply chain/contracts subcontracts and/or accounting or finance OR a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 4 years of work experience in procurement/supply chain/contracts/ subcontracts and/or accounting or finance.
2. The basic qualification requirements for a Professional Band Level 2 is a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of work experience in procurement/supply chain/contracts/subcontracts and/or accounting or finance OR a Master’s Degree with a minimum of 1 years of work experience in procurement/supply chain/contracts/ subcontracts and/or accounting or finance.
- Experience working with multiple contracting formats, including Firm Fixed Price and Time & Materials
- Knowledge relating to special payment provisions (progress or performance based payments)
- Understanding of the proposal process, pricing instructions, terms and conditions and determining the adequacy of subcontractor proposals received.
- Proficiency with the use of MS Office Suite applications
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Should possess working knowledge of U.S. Government contracting and the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)/Defense Federal Acquisitions Regulation Supplement (DFARS), with specific working knowledge of Parts 15 (Contracting by Negotiation) and 31(Contract Cost Principles and Procedures); Cost Accounting Standards (CAS); and Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) audit procedures
- Experience with SAP
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top