Subcontracts Administrator 2
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with 65,000 employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life. Our professionals live and breathe different perspectives here; we are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and well aware that the more ideas, backgrounds, opinions, and experiences we bring to our work, the stronger that work will be.
The individual will be responsible for executing compliant major procurement activities and providing leadership and contractual support and procurement documentation to suppliers in support of proposals and programs. Specific responsibilities include interfacing and corresponding with suppliers, develop sourcing/evaluation strategies; supplier identification; source selection; coordinate export control/security requirements; prepare/issue RFPs with appropriate customer flow downs and terms & conditions; conducts bidders' conferences; proposal evaluation; conduct negotiations to meet contract/program targets/schedule, terms & conditions/payment terms for materials & services; administering resultant compliant subcontracts; ensure compliance with FAR/DFARS regulations and strict adherence to company Purchasing policies & procedures; validate pricing; and maintain proper PO files with correct documentation. Additionally, the SCA is responsible for leadership and management of subcontract modifications, which includes coordination of required additions, deletions, or other modifications or formal contractual correspondence/documented communication to subcontractors, arranging and participating in supplier meetings and controlling and reporting supplier progress.
Roles and responsibilities of the Subcontract Administrator will include:
- Lead the evaluation of customer RFP's and ability to collaborate with the program team to develop subcontract RFP's that include Statements of Work, Technical/Quality Specifications, Deliverable Requirements List and Schedules, Performance Assessment Requirements, Terms and Conditions, Proposal Preparation and Pricing Requirements/Templates, Compliance Matrices and supplier profiles.
- Preparation of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement, Pricing Agreements.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate subcontractor proposals, negotiate deviations from work statements, schedule, and/or terms and conditions, while working closely with the Program Management team.
- Provides subcontractor pricing, deviations from scope and/or terms and conditions, comprehensive cost analysis and justifications, and technical data assertions to the Contracts group during the proposal preparation phase.
- Successful candidate will select or recommend subcontractors, write formal/compliant major subcontract awards, processes internal justifications, and document files in preparation for internal and external audits.
- Ability to administer resulting subcontracts, ensuring that all requirements are performed in accordance with the scope of work and delivery schedules.
Supports proposal teams by requesting quotes, evaluating quotes for compliance, entering data into large spreadsheets, and presenting viewgraphs to management during proposal signoff.
- Bachelors degree with 3 years of subcontracts/procurement or program support experience or masters degree with 1 years of the same experience; will consider additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
Basic understanding of procurement policies, procedures, and FAR regulations are essential.
- The ability to work well in team environments is required.
- Candidate must have strong organizational skills, as well as very good oral and written communications
- Experience with SAP Procurement Software and advanced skills with Excel spreadsheets and formulas is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top