Structural Test Technician 4
The Specialty Test Team is looking for a senior level, Structural Test Technician with good communication skills and a team centric approach. The selected candidate shall possess the skills and experience that will enable him to assist Engineers in the development, modification, assembly and check-out of Test Stands used in the Structures Laboratory. Individual must have direct Structural Test experience and a deep understanding of hardware and methodology used in closed loop hydraulic load controls, test set-ups in addition to familiarity with data acquisition hardware as well as related sensors, i.e., LVDT, Strain Gages, string Posts Load cells Torque Transducers, etc.
The selected individual is expected to work with minimal engineering direction and oversight. As a senior level technician the candidate is expected to provide mentorship to less experienced technicians, and be able to read and interpret technical documents, i.e., drawings, schematics, sketches, Procedures, Technical Orders etc.
Duties as follows:
- Assist in the development, fabrication and assembly of mechanical and electromechanical components, sub-assemblies, systems and full scale test stands.
- Devise, fabricate, and assemble new or modified mechanical components or assemblies.
- Participate in the development and documentation of sub-system and system test methodology.
- Under engineering direction, execute to test plans
- Maintain compliance with Operational as well as Environmental Health and Safety directives.
- Recommend modifications to components or test set-up or procedure to meet desired Test Objectives.
- Prioritize, plan and organize at task level and lead less experienced Technicians thru execution.
- Participate in talent transfer efforts, Mentorship assignments.
This position requires multiple shift operations and overtime work. Individual must be able to meet and maintain the specific process certifications to support daily task assignments.
- High School plus 6 yrs. related experience with 2 yrs. Structural Test experience or AA Degree/2 year technical degree plus 4 years related experience with 2 yrs. Structural Test experience
- Experience in structural and or flight test environment.
- Familiarity with Mechanical Engineering, Assembly and Test Operations department (standard) operating procedures/policies
- DoD, Secret clearance, in scope within the last 5 yrs. and capable of obtaining and maintaining special program access
- Must be able to work from EWPs at elevated heights and for extended period of time.
- Must be able to lift 30 lb.
- AS Degree/2 year technical degree or Airframe and Power plant (A&P) license with 6 yrs. Structural Test experience, set-up thru test execution.
- Hydraulic system, set up and checkout.
- Verifiable Technical lead experience
- Current special program access
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top