At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Structural Engineerto join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, California.
The selected candidate will support Aircraft programs and Advanced Technologies and solve complex structural analysis problems for aircraft based platforms and missions involving composite and metallic structures. He/she will be responsible for performing structural analyses using classical methods, commercial tools and in-house codes to a variety of structural and multi-disciplinary technical problems.
The candidate will collaborate with design engineers to insure structural integrity. He/she will perform both classical and finite element analysis of spacecraft primary and secondary structures, analysis of bolted and bonded Joints, composite laminate analysis, and analysis of fittings and fasteners.
Duties include drawing analysis review and sign-off,presenting results at PDR/CDR meetings and Internal Design Reviews, documenting analysis results, and supporting structural testing with pre-test analysis and authoring of test plans and test reports. Responsibilities will also include including leading a small work package,interfacing with customer, technical support, proposal technical inputs, cost estimating, directing junior engineers, and meeting schedule and cost commitments.
The candidate will be required to coordinate with other engineering disciplines for analysis inputs and design implementation details, document stress analyses and report results to internal and external customers when necessary. The position requires experience in both Composite and Metallic Structural Analysis.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, from an accredited university with2 years of experienceinAerospace industry(Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil); OR Masters of Science in Engineering, from an accredited university.
- Experience withstress analysis techniques, concepts and practices.
- Experience using industry standard structural analysis software such as NASTRAN (MSC & NX), PATRAN, FEMAP, MATHCAD, etc.
- Current (in scope) DOD Secret clearance, or higherwith an investigation within the last 5 years is required.
- Familiarity with CAD application (CATIA / NX) is desirable.
- Experience with advanced manufacturing processes is desirable
- Experience working on Special Access Programs is preferred.
- Participation in multiple design and analysis cycles in aircraft and spacecraft development programs is desirable.
- Current (in scope) DOD Top Secret and SCI clearances are preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be skilled in use of the Microsoft Office software suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top