Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in El Segundo, CA has an opening for a Structural Analysis Engineer. The selected candidate will support the Structural Analysis Tools, Methods, and Processes Community of Practice for the purposes of Model Based Engineering development execution. Knowledge in Aircraft and/or Spacecraft programs and Advanced Technologies is preferred, but not required.
Responsibilities will include: Managing ES-AS Liaison activities; Program Liaison activities, Training Materials Development and Dissemination; Teaching classes and other training scenarios, COTS Tools execution for Analysis; Siemens Tools collaboration for Analysis; CPLM/Tc4SIM development, implementation, and training; CPLM/Tc4SIM testing efforts for the various test and Program environments; NGC-Siemens Collaboration; And Tool Enhancement Requests.
Applicants may be required to learn knowledge of program deployment and licensing support; knowledge of design and analysis tools management; experience in managing CPLM/Tc4SIM development items, implementation, and training; experience with Optimization Software, Non-Linear Solutions, and Advanced Composites Execution Methods; Tools Development & Software Coding Experience such as VBA; an ability to teach classes and provide training guidance.
Occasional travel willbe required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil)with 2 years of experience in Aerospace structural analysis; OR MS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil).
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance required and ability to obtain access to special programs
- Ability to obtain and maintain DOD Top Secret and/or SCI clearance.
- Familiarity with ASTRA development.
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis Tools such as FEMAP and Nastran.
- Exposure to or experience using Analysis Tools supporting mechanical and aerospace applications such as Mathcad and MATLAB.
- Prior Military Aircraft experience is preferred.
- Current (in scope) SCI or DOD Secret clearance with an investigation in the last 5 years
- Access to special programs
- Experience working on Special Access Programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top