Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is hiring a Staff Structural Engineer to join our team in Ogden, UT.
- Analyzes, researches, and develops structural engineering specifications for metallic, non-metallic and composite structures in all phases of the product life cycle from preliminary design to sustainment.
- Analyses of the structures could include loads and dynamics, stress, stability, fatigue, and thermal.
- Analyses will be performed utilizing hand calculations and or finite element software packages such as Nastran and Abaqus.
- When finite element models (FEMs) are appropriate, critical thinking skills will be required to develop a FEM to capture appropriate behavior of complex non-linear structures.
- Due to the complex nature of the systems analyzed, the position requires working closely with multiple engineering disciplines including but not limited to Computational Fluid Mechanics, System Engineering, and Mechanical Design to achieve program objectives in a timely manner.
- Additional work responsibilities may include task planning, conducting technical peer reviews, and mentoring junior engineers.
- U.S. Citizenship and an active Secret security clearance (or higher)
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil, or related Engineering field
- Minimum2 years of related Mechanical, Structural, Stress, or Structural Dynamics Engineering experience with a bachelor's degree; 0 years' experience with a related Master's degree
- Minimum1 year of experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA) in any of the following solvers: Nastran, Abaqus, ANSYS or similar
- Abaqus FEA experience
- Implicit or explicit dynamic Finite Element Analysis (FEA) experience analyzing dynamic environments: random vibration, sinusoidal vibration, and shock
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of complex difficult problems. Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives
- Works under only general direction. Independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top