Structural Design Engineer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in El Segundo, CA has an opening for a Structural Design Engineer 2. The selected candidate will perform detail part and assembly layouts for airframe structures.
- Designing aircraft structures within a short-cycle prototyping environment
- Research and develop specifications/requirements, structural layouts and detail designs involving composite and metallic structural materials for airframe design and integration
- Details related structural components and assemblies
- Validates conformity to design standards and specifications. Identifies design escapes, deficiencies and recommends changes.
- Develops preliminary layouts, sketches and notes necessary to present design proposal
- Develops 3D layouts, design interfaces, and 3D detail parts utilizing CATIA V5, TcEnt, or UGNX.
- Collaborates with other organizations affected by design development.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering from an accredited institution and 2 years of mechanical design experience focused on aerospace structures
- Active in-scope DOD Secret clearance is required
- Experience in CAD modeling using a major software package (e.g., CATIA V5, SolidWorks, Pro-E, or UG-NX). FiberSIM experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience in the design and development of composite and metallic structures
- Strong understanding of load paths and preliminary sizing
- Experience evaluating and interpreting geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top