Structural Analyst 2
Adaptive Optics Associates (AOA) - Xinetics, a Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems (NGAS) Strategic Business Venture, is seeking a dynamic Structural Analyst for its Xinetics Business Area located in Devens, MA.
AOA Xinetics designs, develops, and manufactures precision, advanced optical products and systems such as deformable mirrors, adaptive optics control systems and silicon carbide optical structures for the U.S. Government, commercial customers, and U.S. defense prime and second-tier contractors. Markets for these technologies include civilian astronomy and defense ISR and Directed Energy. Several potential direct and adjacent application areas exist also. The Company has substantial growth opportunities in support of many U.S. Government and NGAS business initiatives.
- Finite element analysis of electro-optical systems and components
- Collaboration with design engineers to ensure structural integrity
- Performance of detailed stress analysis using classical hand analysis and FEA
- Development of FEA models for structural analysis
- Analysis of bolted and bonded joints
- Design criteria and analysis methodology development
- Extraction of internal loads and free body loads from FEA load models
- Analysis of fittings and fasteners
- Interaction with internal and external customers
- Support drawing analysis review and sign-off
- Documentation of analysis results, methods and calculations
- Presentation of results at PDR/CDR meetings and Internal Design Reviews
- BS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) and a minimum of 2 years of experience in Aerospace structural analysis or MS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil)
- Working knowledge of stiffness analysis, strength analysis, thermal distortion analysis, durability analysis, and FEA
- Understanding of stress analysis techniques, concepts and practices
- Work experience using industry standard structural analysis software (NASTRAN, PATRAN, FEMAP, MATHCAD, etc.)
- Masters' Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Travel to customer (military, industry) facilities and offices.
- Travel a few times a year to customer locations to support design and program reviews.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top