Structural Analysis Engineer 5
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Palmdale, CA has an opening for a Structural Analysis Engineer 5. The selected candidate will join the Vehicle Structures team and will support analysis activities required for aircraft new product development.
- Finite element analysis of composite and metallic aircraft primary and secondary structures
- Perform preliminary and detailed stress analysis using classical hand analysis or FEA
- Develop detailed FEM models for structural analysis
- Perform detailed static and fatigue analysis of metallic structures
- Analysis and dispositioning of all non-conformances
- Analysis of Bolted and Bonded Composite Joints
- Composite layup definition and laminate analysis
- Experience in static, fatigue, and durability and damage tolerance (DaDT) analysis
- Perform analysis of fittings/fasteners/joints/splices
- Experience with structural integrity evaluations
- Present results at PDR/CDR meetings and Internal Design Reviews
- Document results in analysis reports
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering from an accredited institution and 14 years of structural analysis experience focused on aircraft composite structures.
- Master's Degree in Engineering and 12 years of structural analysis experience focused on composite aircraft structures.
- Active DOD Secret clearance with an investigation within the last 6 years is required and ability to gain special program access.
- Experience with layout sizing, and structural integrity evaluations
- Proficiency with NASTRAN, PATRAN, FEMAP, and MATLAB
- Experience working on military aircraft
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top