Structural Analysis Engineer 4
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Palmdale, CA has an opening for a Structural Analysis Engineer 4. The selected candidate will perform structural analysis on metallic and composite airframe structures.
- Develop solutions to difficult problems that are thorough, imaginative, practical, and consistent with program objectives.
- Coordination and clear communication with other disciplines during the development of design solutions.
- Concise presentation and explanation of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives.
- Review of completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
- Evaluation of engineering products for conformity to standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Position requires experience in Composite Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, detailed analysis procedures, load path development, layout and detail sizing, impact damage effects, failure theories, stacking sequence/laminate analysis, environmental effects, bolted and bonded composite joints, and finite element modeling of composite structure.
- In addition, this position also requires experience in Metallic Structural Analysis Methods including detailed analysis procedures, analysis of fittings/fasteners/joints/splices, acoustics/vibration familiarity, structural integrity planning, design criteria development, stability, crippling, durability analysis and finite element modeling of metallic structures.
- BS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) and 9 years of experience in Aerospace structural analysis or
- MS degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil) and 7 years of Aerospace structural analysis experience.
- Candidate must be experienced with analysis of composite and metallic structures
- Active in-scope Secret clearance and ability to obtain and maintain access to Special Access Programs is required.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience with layout sizing, and structural integrity evaluations
- Proficiency with NASTRAN, Patran, and / or FEMAP
- Experience working on Special Access Programs
- Experience working on military aircraft
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard t o race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top