Structural Analysis Engineer 3
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Palmdale, CA has an opening for a Structural Analysis Engineer 3. The selected candidate will perform structural analysis on metallic and composite airframe structures.
- Finite element modeling of composite and metallic aircraft primary and secondary structures
- Collaborate with design engineers for optimal load path development
- Perform preliminary stress analysis
- Design criteria development
- Develop FEM models for load cycles
- Obtain loads from Dynamics
- Perform Detail static load analysis using classical hand analysis or FEM
- Stacking sequence/laminate analysis
- Calculate margins on all structures
- Support drawing analysis review and sign-off
- Document results in analysis reports
- Present results at PDR/CDR meetings
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering from an accredited institution and 5 years of analysis experience focused on aircraft structures
- Masters Degree in Engineering and 3 years of analysis engineering experience focused on aircraft structures.
- Experience with composites is required
- Active in-scope DOD Secret clearance is required
- Experience with layout sizing, and structural integrity evaluations
- Experience working on primary aircraft structures
- Proficiency with NASTRAN, Patran, and / or FEMAP
- Experience working on Special Access Programs
- Experience working on military aircraft
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top