Structural Analysis Engineer 2
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in El Segundo, CAhas an opening for a Structural Analysis Engineer 2.
The selected candidate will supportAdvanced Programs and Advanced Technologies and solve complex structural analysis problems formultiple platforms and missions involving composite and metallic structures. He/she will be responsible for performing structural analyses using classical methods, commercial tools and in-house codes to solve a variety of structural and multi-disciplinary technical problems.
The candidate will collaborate with design engineers to insure structural integrity. He/she will perform both classical finite element analysis of primary and secondary structures, analysis of bolted and bonded joints, composite laminate analysis, and analysis of fittings and fasteners. Duties include leading drawing analysis review and sign-off, presenting results at Preliminary Design Review/Customer Design Review meetings and Internal Design Reviews, documenting analysis results, and supporting structural testing with pre-test analysis and authoring of test plans and test reports.
Responsibilities will also include leading a small work package including interfacing with customer, technical support, proposal technical inputs, mentoring junior engineers, and meeting schedule commitments.
The candidate will be required to coordinate with other engineering disciplines for analysis inputs and design implementation details, document stress analyses and report results to internal and external customers when necessary. The position requires experience in both Composite and Metallic Structural Analysis.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and/or Civil Engineering from an accredited university with 2 years of experience in an engineering field; ORMasters of Science Degree in Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Aerospace Engineering and/or Civil Engineering from an accredited university
- Working knowledge of stiffness analysis, strength analysis, stability analysis, thermal distortion analysis, composite materials analysis, fracture mechanics analysis, and FEA.
- Understanding of stress analysis techniques, concepts and practices
- Exposure to using industry standard structural analysis software (NASTRAN (MSC & NX), PATRAN, FEMAP, MATHCAD, etc.)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance
- Experience in structural test applications
- Familiarity with CAD application (CATIA / NX)
- Experience with advanced manufacturing processes (non-traditional composites, additive manufacturing, etc)
- Experience working on Special Access Programs
- Current (in scope) DOD Secret and SCI clearances
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, be skilled in use of the Microsoft Office software suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Back to top