Strategic Planning Manager 3
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, logistics and modernization, cyber security, and C4ISR to government and commercial customers. We operate in all 50 states and 25 countries with employees who are committed to innovation, development, and discovery. Here at Northrop Grumman, we seek to deliver the value of performance by bringing the next generation of technology to life. Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a Strategic Planning Manager within the Global Logistics & Modernization (GLM) division to join our growing team in Herndon, Virginia. This position will report to the GLM director of Global Strategy and Relations.
- Lead the development and integration of the division's inputs to the long range strategic planning (LRSP) narrative
- Lead other key division planning processes and deliverables, such as:
- Oversee recurring Market Development analysis
- Support the development of division technology/capability roadmaps, including the assessment and prioritization of internal and external investment priorities.
- Interface with the division functional leads to ensure coordinated process outputs as well as providing strategy guidance for their functional planning.
- Work closely with division Business Management and Technology & Operations to plan and coordinate strategy and investment process reviews and support recurring division deliverable requirements.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent related experience) with 10 years planning experience through a combination of strategy development, program management and/or leadership experience.
- The ability to analyze a broad range of issues and a demonstrated ability in strategic thinking to properly influence senior leadership and customer decision makers and their international counterparts.
- A high level of confidence, integrity and hands on approach to problem solving are required as well as a professional executive presence for interacting with and influencing senior management and executives internal and external to the company.
- Knowledge of Northrop Grumman business, structure and programs.
- Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills and political acumen.
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communications skills, as well as project management, analytical, planning and presentation skills are required.
- Must possess valid interim or active DoD Secret security clearance (or higher).
- Ability to travel 25%
- Master's Degree (or equivalent related experience)
- Engineering Degree strongly preferred
- Business or prior P&L experience with significant outcomes
- External Program Management, Systems Engineering, Strategic Planning or Six Sigma certifications
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top